Saturday, December 9, 2017

..::Indispensable qualities::..



Assalamualaikum & hye

I have tons of books in my wishlist that I yearn for days, months and years.
But due to unstable financial situation, I can't afford to make them mine yet.
Naa.. I'm not a genuine bookworm through and through.
I have a couple of skincare products in my wishlist too.
Truthfully as a kpoper, I can't resist to be influence by their way of life y'know.
Most of them might be 'plastic' and 20/7 with make-up but their facial complexion are seriously 24/7 flawlessly flawless.
Okay enough with self-defense.

While scrolling on my wishlist I've noticed this long time no see book entitled 'The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader'.
Well as usual, I always bear in my mind that when it comes to reading not yet muslim's masterpiece, as a muslim, I have to be open minded but yet not that totally open.
*What a longgggg sentence and oh my go-to-sea-english*

Yes I myself admit that I'm not that smart, 
my knowledge of deen and dunya is not that deep
but Allah still protect and taking care my school of thought
alhamduLillah.

Occay back to the topic.
I like the book after I read the summaries.
To be honest, there are few points that I disagree but still 
most of the points are make sense even for our muslim's thought.
So I would like to paste the points here for my future reference.

Actually, I don't really want to be a leader for other people.
I want to be a leader for my own self.
It's hard to lead Ms.AsmimieAsmawarnieAzizan you know.
She's the most weird and unique creature that I've ever meet in
my entire of life.
It's so tiring to entertain and serve her mind blowing characters.
So that's why I need to implement those good qualities 
in order to lead my own self.

Okay enough self-rant and here's list~




THE 21 INDISPENSABLE QUALITIES OF A LEADER: BECOMING THE PERSON
OTHERS WILL WANT TO FOLLOW

John C. Maxwell

1. Character
􀀹 Character is more than talk
􀀹 Talent is a gift, but character is a choice
􀀹 Character brings lasting success with people
􀀹 Leaders cannot rise above the limitations of their character

2. Charisma
􀀹 Love life
􀀹 Put a “10” on every person’s head
􀀹 Give people hope
􀀹 Share yourself

3. Commitment
􀀹 Commitment starts in the heart
􀀹 Commitment is tested by action
􀀹 Commitment opens the door to achievement

4. Communication
􀀹 Simplify your message
􀀹 See the person
􀀹 Show the truth
􀀹 Seek a response

5. Competence
􀀹 Show up every day
􀀹 Keep improving
􀀹 Follow through with excellence
􀀹 Accomplish more than expected
􀀹 Inspire others

6. Courage
􀀹 Courage begins with an inward battle
􀀹 Courage is making things right, not just smoothing them over
􀀹 Courage in a leader inspires commitment from followers
􀀹 Your life expands in proportion to your courage

7. Relationships
􀀹 Have a leader’s head – understand people
􀀹 Have a leader’s heart – love people
􀀹 Have a leader’s hand – help people

8. Discernment
􀀹 Discover the root issues
􀀹 Enhance your problem solving
􀀹 Evaluate your opinions for maximum impact
􀀹 Multiply your opportunities – be in the right place at the right time – make your luck

9. Focus
􀀹 Focus 70% on strengths
􀀹 Focus 25% on new things 
􀀹 Focus 5% on areas of weakness

"If you chase two rabbits, both will get away."

10. Generosity
􀀹 Be grateful for whatever you have
􀀹 Put people first
􀀹 Don’t allow the desire for possessions to control you
􀀹 Regard money as a resource
􀀹 Develop the habit of giving

11. Initiative
􀀹 Know what you want
􀀹 Push yourself to act – despite fear or risk
􀀹 Make mistakes & learn from them

12. Listening 

􀀹 Your followers 
􀀹 Your customers
􀀹 Your competitors
􀀹 Your mentors

“A good leader encourages followers to tell him what he needs to know,  not what he wants to hear.” Woodrow Wilson

13. Passion
􀀹 Passion is the first step to achievement
􀀹 Passion increases your willpower
􀀹 Passion changes you
􀀹 Passion makes the impossible possible

14. Positive Attitude
􀀹 Your attitude is a choice
􀀹 Your attitude determines your actions
􀀹 Your people are a mirror of your attitude
􀀹 Maintaining a good attitude is easier than regaining one

15. Problem-solving
􀀹 They anticipate problems (looking ahead with prudence)
􀀹 They accept the truth
􀀹 They see the big picture
􀀹 They handle one thing at a time
􀀹 They don’t give up a major goal when they’re down

16. Responsibility
􀀹 They get the job done
􀀹 They are willing to go the extra mile
􀀹 They are driven by excellence
􀀹 They produce regardless of the situation

17. Security
􀀹 Insecure people don’t provide security for others 
􀀹 Insecure people take more from people than they give
􀀹 Insecure people limit their best people
􀀹 Insecure people continually limit the organization

18. Self-Discipline
􀀹 Develop and follow your priorities
􀀹 Make a disciplined lifestyle your goal
􀀹 Challenge your excuses
􀀹 Remove rewards until the job is done
􀀹 Stay focused on results

19. Servanthood
􀀹 Put others ahead of your agenda
􀀹 Possess the confidence to serve
􀀹 Initiate service to others
􀀹 Serve out of love

20. Teachability 
􀀹 Overcome your success
􀀹 Swear off shortcuts
􀀹 Trade in your pride
􀀹 Never pay twice for the same mistake

“It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” J. Wooden

21. Vision
􀀹 Vision starts within
􀀹 Vision draws on your history
􀀹 Vision meets others’ needs
􀀹 Vision helps you gather resources






Yes, my kpop idol also a reader. Quite a good reader I reckon.
He read the sequel of game fantasy novel which has great values.
(Based on my findings while searching on Legendary Moonlight Sculptor,
one of his favourite reading)
No wonder he got a good wisdom and characters~

'You are what you read.'
-Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment